The purpose of this privacy statement is to let users of this Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand website (the “Site”) know when we collect personal information and what we do with it. We do not use, share or transfer personal information except as set out in this statement.
- No need to disclose personal information
The Site can be viewed and its web feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
- Your disclosure of personal information
You may decide to disclose personal information to us by providing identifying information when:
- subscribing to Site updates by email or subscribing to our online discussion list
- adding comments, posts or other material to the Site
- seeking information from or via the Site
- providing feedback on the Site or our organisation.
This information will be viewable by certain members of our staff. To the extent that it forms part of material that you have submitted to be published, it may also be viewable by members of the public.
- Holding of information
Personal information that you provide will be held by the Royal Society of New Zealand. If you subscribe to the online discussion list, your subscription details will be held by ibiblio.
- Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the following purposes:
- to provide services offered by this Site
- to enable users to collaborate and share information
- to administer and evaluate this Site
- to improve our services
- to communicate with users of the Site
- to manage the online discussion list
- to process donations and communicate with donors.
- Sharing of personal information
In general, it is not our practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances. First, we may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of this Site. Secondly, we may share personal information with third parties such as the government or other entities when required to by law or as required by court order.
- Statistical information
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us analyse usage of, and improve, the Site. This information may include:
- users’ IP addresses
- users’ search terms
- pages accessed on the Site
- links that are clicked on
- date and time of Site visits
- previous visited site
- users’ operating systems
- browsers used when accessing the Site.
This Site does not generate cookies.
- Your rights
You have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that we have stored, or to request correction of such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us by any of the means set out on our contact page. We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
- Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: +64-4-474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: +64-4-474 7595