- Agreement to termsWelcome to the Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand website (the ‘Site’), a website hosted and operated by Open Education Resource Foundation (‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘OERF’). These terms apply to the entire contents of the Site as well as to any web feeds produced by or displayed on the Site and to email notifications produced by or via the Site. By viewing and using the Site, you will be deemed to agree to these terms.
No legal advice
- We do not and will not provide you with legal adviceNeither Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand nor OERF is a law firm and neither provide legal advice. Using the Site or any services we provide or sending us an email does not create a solicitor-client relationship. In particular but without limitation, use of any of Creative Commons’ legal tools or licenses and/or using any services relating to those tools or licenses does not constitute legal advice nor does it create a solicitor-client relationship. You are advised to consult with your own legal counsel before using Creative Commons’ legal tools or licences. Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand/OERF provides this Site and the services, information, tools and licences on an “as-is” basis. We make no warranties regarding any information, tools or licenses provided on or through the Site or our services and disclaim liability for damages resulting from your use of them.
Intellectual property rights
- CopyrightCopyright material on the Site is owned by OERF or its licensors.
- Your re-use of copyright material on this Site: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licenceUnless otherwise indicated (which includes clause 5 below), copyright material on this Site is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt such material, as long as you attribute the material to us and abide by the other licence terms. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/nz/. To avoid doubt, this licence extends to resyndication of the Site’s web feed(s) on third party websites.
- Exclusions from licenceThe licence above does not apply to graphics/images and icons on the Site, which may not be reproduced without our express written consent.
- publish such material in any media and in any format, including on this or any other website, in hard copy publications, in email notifications and in web feeds; and
- sub-license such material for re-use by others on the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence.
- Your use of third party material in your contributionsIf your contributions to the Site include material in which copyright or other intellectual property is owned by a third party, you promise that you have the right to reproduce that material by submitting it to us for publication on this Site and having it published on this Site and that you are authorised to allow us to sub-license that material on the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand licence.
Visitor material and conduct
- Unacceptable useYou are not allowed to post or transmit to or from the Site any material that is illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable.
- Co-operation with authoritiesWe reserve the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the previous clause.
- Pre- and post-publication moderationContributions to the Site may be moderated by one or more moderators before or after being published. Those moderators may decline to publish contributions or remove or modify contributions if they are considered to be contrary to the ‘Unacceptable use’ provision above or irrelevant to the subject-matter of the Site. In some cases, contributions to the Site may be published immediately if the comment author has had previous comment approved.
- Banning abusive commentersWe reserve the right to terminate a user’s access or ability to post to the comments areas if we believe the commenting facility is being abused.
- Exclusion of liabilityWe disclaim and exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demand or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this Site or the information, content or materials included on this Site or on any website to which it is linked.
- LinksThe inclusion of links to third party sites does not imply any endorsement of the linked website or its content or provider.
- such provision will continue to apply, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to other persons or circumstances not affected by the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability;
- the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be amended to reflect the original intention (as determined from this Site) as nearly as possible in accordance with applicable law in respect of those persons or circumstances giving rise to the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability; and