Creative Commons Roadtrip – Schools
In March 2015, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is going on the road! We’re travelling all around the country to provide free workshops and events for teachers on all things copyright and Creative Commons.
This an opportunity for teachers, school leaders and Board of Trustees members to learn about how to make, share, find and reuse free and open educational resources. We’ll also talk about how schools can adopt Creative Commons policies, to give permission for teachers to share and collaborate, and introduce a range of new free resources for educators and schools.
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP using the form below. If you’re keen to host a workshop in your region or organisation, then either let us know in the form below, or email Matt: email@example.com. We’ll be updating this page as more details firm up, so check back soon.
Please help us spread the word by sharing the link to this page and downloading the poster!
- Anton Angelo, Repository Manager, University of Canterbury Library
- Esther Casey, Facilitator, Cognition Education
- Alan Curtis, Regional Facilitator, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
- Clare Forrest, School Librarian, Raroa Intermediate School
- Pete Hall, Network for Learning
- Elizabeth Heritage, Communications Lead, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
- Tim Kong, Network for Learning
- Melissa Laing, Regional Facilitator, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
- Stephen Lethbridge, Principal, Taupaki School
- Andrew Matangi, Consultant, Buddle Findlay, Creative Commons Aotearoa NZ Legal Team
- Stephen McConnachie, ELearning Coordinator, Middleton Grange School
- Matt McGregor, Public Lead, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand
- Mark Osborne, Senior Consultant, Core Education
- Carolyn Stuart, Network for Learning
- Richard White, University Copyright Officer, University of Otago
4 March, 4–5:30pm: National Library of New Zealand
Speakers: Esther Casey, Elizabeth Heritage, Pete Hall
CANCELLED: Auckland North Shore
5 March, 4–5:30pm: Millennium Institute
Speakers: Alan Curtis, Mark Osborne, Pete Hall
10 March, 4–5:30pm: Wintec School of Media Arts
Speakers: Andrew Matangi, Stephen Lethbridge, Melissa Laing, Pete Hall
Directions: Social Space, R Block, at 29 Collingwood St. Opposite Dora’s Café.
16 March, 4–6pm: Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
Speakers: Andrew Matangi, Matt McGregor, Pete Hall
Directions: Bongard Centre, 200 Cameron Road, Tauranga
1 April, 4–5.30pm, Tamatea High School library
Speakers: Matt McGregor, N4L rep
Address: 61 Freyberg Avenue, Tamatea, Napier 4112
3 March, 4–5:30pm: National Library of New Zealand
Speakers: Clare Forrest, Andrew Matangi, Elizabeth Heritage, Tim Kong
11 March, 4–5:30pm: Middleton Grange School, Whare
Speakers: Anton Angelo, Stephen McConnachie, Stephen Lethbridge, Carolyn Stuart
Directions: The address is 30 Acacia Ave, but the venue can also be accessed from Arthur Street. The Whare is to the east of the two entrances (Acacia from the north and Arthur from the south), past the large Performing Arts block (labelled The Grange Theatre).
12 March, 4–5:30pm: Otago Polytechnic, room G106
Speakers: Richard White, Elizabeth Heritage, Carolyn Stuart
Directions: Ground floor G Block, corner of Union St East & Harbour Terrace. Entry off Union St East or through the OP campus quad.